Josh Castonguay is Vice President and Chief Innovation Executive at Green Mountain Power of Vermont named by Fast Company magazine as one of the “Top 10 Most Innovative Energy Companies” for their groundbreaking work partnering with customers to build a new clean energy future. "We have a vision to use energy as a force for good that improves lives and transforms communities ... with integrated energy services that help people use less energy and save money, while continuing to generate clean, cost effective and reliable power." Read New York Times article on Green Mountain Power: Utility Helps Wean Vermonters from the Electric Grid
This exciting community summit will inspire Mount Desert Islanders and everyone from from the Eastern and Coastal Maine region to join our efforts to create a clean energy future.
Check out our exciting list of workshops on a range of topics related to ACTT projects and be there for the special launch of Weatherize MDI.
Need a ride to the Summit? Have room for another person?
Program Schedule - Mount Desert High School, Bar Harbor
- 2:00 - 2:30 p.m. Doors Open - H.S. Jazz Combo, Exhibits
- 2:30 - 2:40 p.m. Welcome, A Climate to Thrive Board of Directors
- 2:40 - 3:05 p.m. Josh Castonguay, Transforming a Century Old Energy Delivery System
- 3:05 - 3:20 p.m. MDI Community Success Stories
- 3:20 - 3:30 p.m. Weatherize MDI Launch
- 3:35 - 4:15 p.m. Workshop Session One
- 4:20 - 5:00 p.m. Workshop Session Two
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Food, Exhibits, Acoustic Jazz - Ryan Blotnick & Danny Fisher-Lochhead
Admission is free. Donations are welcome!
- Transforming Century Old Energy Delivery Systems to Community Based Models - Q & A
- MDI's Path to 100% Solar Energy
- Weatherize MDI - Bulk Purchasing of Air Sealing, Insulation, Heat Pumps, and More
- Food, Climate Change and Regional Composting
- Solar for Your Home
- Solar Opportunity for Businesses and Farms
- Rethinking Plastics - How can individuals and communities reduce plastic waste?
- Driving Electric in Maine
- Engaging Hearts, Changing Minds, Inspiring Action: Applying Climate Psychology to Create Positive Change
- Connection, Compassion, and Communion with the Earth
- Solar Energy Storage for MDI
- Mount Desert Sustainability Committee: A Volunteer Government Initiative
- Help Set Up Our New Community Outreach Program: The 10% Challenge
- A Climate to Thrive
- Emera Maine
- FarmDrop - Healthy Acadia
- Friends of Acadia
- Jackson Laboratory Green Team
- PassivHaus Maine
- ReVision Energy
- Sundog Solar
- The Community School of Mount Desert Island
- Weatherize MDI - New England Energy Consulting
- Window Dressers
A Big Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Make your home warm and comfortable! with our Weatherize vendor ...
We appreciate our Partners who support ACTT’s Mission of Energy Independence for MDI
- Acadia National Park
- Bar Harbor Community Farm
- Barn Arts Collective
- College of the Atlantic Campus Sustainability and Zero Waste Clubs
- College of the Atlantic Community Energy Center
- Community School of Mount Desert Island
- Ellsworth Green Plan Steering Committee
- Four Winds Design
- Healthy Acadia
- Jackson Lab Green Team
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust
- MDI Biological Laboratory
- Mount Desert Island Regional School System
- Schoodic Institute
- Sierra Club Maine
Hear these local musicians ...
2:00 - 2:30 p.m. Mount Desert Island High School Jazz Combo
- Bonnie Snyder, voice; Chase McGee, bass;
- Alec Fisichella, trumpet; Dawson Burnett, drums
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Ryan Blotnick, guitar; Danny Fisher-Lochhead, saxophone
These two musicians, having spent time in New York City’s jazz and improv worlds, have come back to Maine and now live on MDI. Both skilled composers, they will perform original music as well as some jazz standards. Ryan’s most recent CD Kush, his fourth, was released last year on the Songlines label (Vancouver, BC). He’s looking forward to playing in New York, Switzerland, and Italy this spring. Danny has recorded four CDs as well, for Fishkill Records (Brooklyn NY.) He’s just returned from a premiere of some of his large-ensemble music in Oakland, California.
Snow Date: Sunday, February 11, same place, same time.